Cabot Energy is an oil and gas exploration and production company. The Company believes that it is possible to conduct its business in a sustainable and responsible way and avoid, minimise and mitigate environmental impacts wherever we do business.
Managing our impact on the environment:
We are conscious of the impact to the environment and local communities that oil and gas activities may have and we aim to minimise and constantly reduce these effects. Our performance in environmental matters is a foundation for sound business development and for improving our competitive position.
We comply with existing laws, regulations and permits. By making continuous improvements, our ambition is to set a good example in the markets where we are active. Within our sphere of activity, we focus on environmental protection, pollution prevention and human health. Our actions are characterised by respect for the cultures of the regions in which we operate. We are committed to maintaining an open dialogue concerning the environmental aspects of our management, operations and related activities with all stakeholders.
Managing environmental and social impacts:
In managing our environmental and social impacts we will:
- adhere to all applicable international and local rules and regulations;
- apply the principles and conventions of ISO 14001;
- set sustainable and challenging environmental targets;
- review and continually improve environmental and social impact targets;
- ensure all employees, officers and agents of the company are made aware of, and implement this policy;
- wherever possible, adopt best technical limit solutions to limit the impact on the environment and local communities;
- specify and assess environmental, social and ethical performance factors when selecting suppliers, contractors and business partners.
The management of Cabot Energy is fully committed to this policy and accepts line management responsibility for its implementation.
The Chief Executive Officer has ultimate responsibility for the implementation and regular update of this Policy Statement. The CEO ensures the ongoing suitability and effectiveness of the policy, communicates it to all personnel and makes it publicly available to stakeholders and the public.
Chief Executive Officer
Cabot Energy Plc.